First of all, the new Cylon user interface. Wouldn't it be great to be able to browse to a web page, and check on the status of your running robots, and even send them commands? Now you can, with our shiny new single-page web-based user interface written using AngularJS, that is now built right in to the Cylon API! The great thing is that it uses the same RESTful and web sockets calls that you can use to control your robotic minions over the web. Yes, of course you can command entire swarms of robots using Cylon.js!
We've now added cylon-joystick an adaptor for USB joysticks, along with a driver that supports the Xbox 360 controller. This is only the first of several joystick drivers that we will be adding soon. We've also added cylon-keyboard an adaptor and driver for standard keyboard control of your robots. And perhaps most excitingly, we now have cylon-opencv, adaptor and drivers for OpenCV support, which is a powerful open source platform for computer vision.
This new 0.9.0 release also adds a powerful set of command line utilities. Each Cylon.js adaptor module can also add new commands that are specific to that platform. This CLI add-in capability just makes it that much easier to handle your "RobotOps" needs. We will be adding lots of platform specific utilties now that we have this capability. We have also been continuing our work to make it easy for anyone to add support for new hardware platforms. The
cylon generate adaptor command now uses the latest and greatest code that incorporate our best practices for adaptor development.
Please let us know how you like the new release, and anything we can do to improve. We're here to help!
UPDATE: We pushed 0.9.2 to accomodate a checksum error pointed out by a user. Thanks!
- Cylon.js Off And Rolling In 2016
- Cylon.js 1.2.0 - Logging and Timing and BLE! Oh my!
- Cylon.js 1.1.0 - The Big Cleanup
- Hello, Node Bebop Drone
- Cylon.js featured in Wired
- Cylon.js 1.0.0 is here!
- Using Socket.io With The Cylon.js API
- Cylon 0.22.0 - A New Year's Release
- Cylon 0.21.0 is out!
- Creating Multiplatform Precompiled Binaries for Node.js Modules
- Cylon 0.20.0 is out!
- Running Robots From Your Browser With Cylon.js
- Winning the Dreamforce 500 With Cylon.js
- With The New Cylon.js 0.19.0, You Can Be Fluent Too
- Cylon.js on Intel Edison
- Cylon Takes Off on NodeBots Day
- Cylon.js Fun With The Arduino Yun
- Control Robots From Your Pebble
- Making Moves With Intel Galileo
- The Cylon Nest
- Announcing Full Tessel Support!
- Cylon 0.15.0 is Out!
- Cylon.js in Make Magazine!
- Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
- Cylon.js Takes The Stage At MakerFaire
- Cylon.js In Scotland
- Robots Are The New Normal At NextBerlin
- Thingscon - Ich Bin Ein Cylon
- National Robotics Week at the Robotics Society of Southern California
- Functional Robots With Wisp
- Release 0.12 Is For RobotOps
- Making Waves At Makerland
- Tipping SCaLE12X
- Intro Robeaux- A Universal User Interface To Robotic Devices
- ng-robots! A Fun Robot Hackathon At The First ng-conf
- Number 9! The Release In Which We Add A Web UX, More Platforms, and Tools
- Release 0.8.0 Makes 10 Platforms
- RobotsConf Was Remarkable
- Dreamforce Means Connected Devices Are A Thing
- Dreamforce Is Coming!
- Welcome, Cylon.js