We are happy to announce support for the Intel Galileo an Arduino compatible microcontroller/SBC (Single Board Computer).
The Galileo has the advantage of running on a Intel Quark SoC X1000 application processor, a 32-bit Intel Pentium brand system on a chip (SoC), and being able to run a bigger Linux image that lets you access the full Linux distro.
Cylon support is based on the bigger Linux image being installed on the Galileo, which lets you use the Galileo as an independent SBC device.
For the first release we have support for GPIO, digital I/O and analog I/O; and we are already working on the next release that will add I2C support, increasing the number of compatible devices supported by the Galileo.
You can check all the details and docs regarding Galileo support on Cylon.JS: Galileo.
Cylon.js makes developing for the Galileo easy and fun! Cylon.JS supports 21 different hardware platforms, with more being added all the time. Give us a shout on twitter and make sure to check the docs for more info on supported platforms in Cylon.JS.
- Cylon.js Off And Rolling In 2016
- Cylon.js 1.2.0 - Logging and Timing and BLE! Oh my!
- Cylon.js 1.1.0 - The Big Cleanup
- Hello, Node Bebop Drone
- Cylon.js featured in Wired
- Cylon.js 1.0.0 is here!
- Using Socket.io With The Cylon.js API
- Cylon 0.22.0 - A New Year's Release
- Cylon 0.21.0 is out!
- Creating Multiplatform Precompiled Binaries for Node.js Modules
- Cylon 0.20.0 is out!
- Running Robots From Your Browser With Cylon.js
- Winning the Dreamforce 500 With Cylon.js
- With The New Cylon.js 0.19.0, You Can Be Fluent Too
- Cylon.js on Intel Edison
- Cylon Takes Off on NodeBots Day
- Cylon.js Fun With The Arduino Yun
- Control Robots From Your Pebble
- Making Moves With Intel Galileo
- The Cylon Nest
- Announcing Full Tessel Support!
- Cylon 0.15.0 is Out!
- Cylon.js in Make Magazine!
- Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
- Cylon.js Takes The Stage At MakerFaire
- Cylon.js In Scotland
- Robots Are The New Normal At NextBerlin
- Thingscon - Ich Bin Ein Cylon
- National Robotics Week at the Robotics Society of Southern California
- Functional Robots With Wisp
- Release 0.12 Is For RobotOps
- Making Waves At Makerland
- Tipping SCaLE12X
- Intro Robeaux- A Universal User Interface To Robotic Devices
- ng-robots! A Fun Robot Hackathon At The First ng-conf
- Number 9! The Release In Which We Add A Web UX, More Platforms, and Tools
- Release 0.8.0 Makes 10 Platforms
- RobotsConf Was Remarkable
- Dreamforce Means Connected Devices Are A Thing
- Dreamforce Is Coming!
- Welcome, Cylon.js