Over 120 people registered for the evening event that featured Sphero robots kindly provided by our friends at Orbotix. We also brought a bunch of our new Arduino Starter Kits, some Makey Makey's, and some Leap Motion controllers. Combining them together into something useful, fun, and/or creative had the participants completely captivated!
There were many teams that were able to complete something demoable during the few short hours of the hackathon, thanks in part to how easy it is to integrate different devices together using Cylon.js. The 3 winners got to walk away with Sphero robots of their own to keep playing with at home! It was a tough competition, but after lots of great demos, our judges were able to make a decision. The winners were:
- Team "Beam Me Up Spotty" with a "Simon"-like game that used the Sphero & Makey Makey.
- Team "Bananastand" that used Twitter tweets to control a Sphero in a "tug of war" called "Red Vs Blue".
- Team "Beerbot" that used drinking glasses of beer to control the color and movement of a Sphero.
The robot hackathon was a great way to start out the conference, and the attendees agreed that it was also a fun introduction to robotics. Thank you very much to Orbotix for providing the Sphero robots, to the organizers of ng-conf, and especially to all the people who took part.
- Cylon.js Off And Rolling In 2016
- Cylon.js 1.2.0 - Logging and Timing and BLE! Oh my!
- Cylon.js 1.1.0 - The Big Cleanup
- Hello, Node Bebop Drone
- Cylon.js featured in Wired
- Cylon.js 1.0.0 is here!
- Using Socket.io With The Cylon.js API
- Cylon 0.22.0 - A New Year's Release
- Cylon 0.21.0 is out!
- Creating Multiplatform Precompiled Binaries for Node.js Modules
- Cylon 0.20.0 is out!
- Running Robots From Your Browser With Cylon.js
- Winning the Dreamforce 500 With Cylon.js
- With The New Cylon.js 0.19.0, You Can Be Fluent Too
- Cylon.js on Intel Edison
- Cylon Takes Off on NodeBots Day
- Cylon.js Fun With The Arduino Yun
- Control Robots From Your Pebble
- Making Moves With Intel Galileo
- The Cylon Nest
- Announcing Full Tessel Support!
- Cylon 0.15.0 is Out!
- Cylon.js in Make Magazine!
- Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
- Cylon.js Takes The Stage At MakerFaire
- Cylon.js In Scotland
- Robots Are The New Normal At NextBerlin
- Thingscon - Ich Bin Ein Cylon
- National Robotics Week at the Robotics Society of Southern California
- Functional Robots With Wisp
- Release 0.12 Is For RobotOps
- Making Waves At Makerland
- Tipping SCaLE12X
- Intro Robeaux- A Universal User Interface To Robotic Devices
- ng-robots! A Fun Robot Hackathon At The First ng-conf
- Number 9! The Release In Which We Add A Web UX, More Platforms, and Tools
- Release 0.8.0 Makes 10 Platforms
- RobotsConf Was Remarkable
- Dreamforce Means Connected Devices Are A Thing
- Dreamforce Is Coming!
- Welcome, Cylon.js