Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
Thanks to organizer Chris Williams and the ongoing efforts of the Nodebots team, there is already a well-established tradition of hardware hacking that has been going on. This means lots of cool people ready to take a look at what Cylon.js can offer to the community.
When we arrived for the makerspace setup day, we were astonished to find out that the amazing new NodeRockets project had already been built using Cylon.js, with our framework software controlling the capsule. Amazing! More on this incredibly cool project in a future post.
We gave our talk on Cylon.js the next morning, where we demoed Arduino, Tessel, Beaglebone Black, Sphero, ARDrone, OpenCV, Digispark & Neurosky. That was a lot to pack in!
The activity day was the day after our talk, and attendees were able to build either Nodebots, Nodeboats, Nodecopter, or Noderockets. There were people of every age wandering around, all having a great time hacking on their preferred robotic device. We know of several teams that used Cylon.js. For example, the Nodecopter team that placed second in that competition approached us with great excitment, telling us of their experience.
Thank you very much to the JSConf organizers and staff for having us be a part of the fun. We appreciate it, and look forward to next year.
You can follow along with our ongoing adventures on Twitter at @cylonjs.
CORRECTION: The capsule control software of the rocket was written using Cylon.js. The launcher part was built using Johnny-Five, as was pointed out by Raquel Vélez via Twitter.
- Cylon.js Off And Rolling In 2016
- Cylon.js 1.2.0 - Logging and Timing and BLE! Oh my!
- Cylon.js 1.1.0 - The Big Cleanup
- Hello, Node Bebop Drone
- Cylon.js featured in Wired
- Cylon.js 1.0.0 is here!
- Using Socket.io With The Cylon.js API
- Cylon 0.22.0 - A New Year's Release
- Cylon 0.21.0 is out!
- Creating Multiplatform Precompiled Binaries for Node.js Modules
- Cylon 0.20.0 is out!
- Running Robots From Your Browser With Cylon.js
- Winning the Dreamforce 500 With Cylon.js
- With The New Cylon.js 0.19.0, You Can Be Fluent Too
- Cylon.js on Intel Edison
- Cylon Takes Off on NodeBots Day
- Cylon.js Fun With The Arduino Yun
- Control Robots From Your Pebble
- Making Moves With Intel Galileo
- The Cylon Nest
- Announcing Full Tessel Support!
- Cylon 0.15.0 is Out!
- Cylon.js in Make Magazine!
- Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
- Cylon.js Takes The Stage At MakerFaire
- Cylon.js In Scotland
- Robots Are The New Normal At NextBerlin
- Thingscon - Ich Bin Ein Cylon
- National Robotics Week at the Robotics Society of Southern California
- Functional Robots With Wisp
- Release 0.12 Is For RobotOps
- Making Waves At Makerland
- Tipping SCaLE12X
- Intro Robeaux- A Universal User Interface To Robotic Devices
- ng-robots! A Fun Robot Hackathon At The First ng-conf
- Number 9! The Release In Which We Add A Web UX, More Platforms, and Tools
- Release 0.8.0 Makes 10 Platforms
- RobotsConf Was Remarkable
- Dreamforce Means Connected Devices Are A Thing
- Dreamforce Is Coming!
- Welcome, Cylon.js