Dreamforce 2014 was an amazing experience for the Cylon.js team from The Hybrid Group. A conference talk, daily workshops, and four days of booth demos made for a schedule requiring the stamina of robots. Of course, we brought plenty of those with us, as usual!
At a conference that featured keynotes by Hillary Rodham Clinton, Al Gore, Tony Robbins, will.i.am, and Neil Young, we were quite happy just to have made the bill, and so we prepared our most dynamic demos yet to bring our best.
Our booth was in the IoT DevZone, once again organized by the high-powered Reid Carlberg. We ended up in a great location, and were packed with people wanting to play our "Dreamforce 500" virtual racing game.
The game was a great way to showcase how powerful and flexible our technology stack is, by creating a full end-to-end solution that combined connected devices, wearable computing, and robots, in the form of a fun, playable game.
The lucky attendees were able to get a first look with a truely hands-on experience using the brand new Intel hardware. Every workshop we did was completely full, plus a standing room only crowd of observers, which was really gratifying.
We also gave a talk on Wednesday in the "Innovation Theater", featuring live demos of Salesforce connected drink dispensers and a delivery drone.
It was great to be able to share our vision of "Full Stack Robotics" and "The 10 Rules of RobotOps" with so many of you. Thanks for taking time out of your busy Dreamforce schedules to come hear us!
Thank you to the Dreamforce staff for all their hard work over the 4 days (plus setup and breakdown) of one of the world’s largest technology conferences. And thanks again to everyone who came to our talk, workshops, or booth. We appreciate it!
You can keep up with the ongoing adventures of Cylon.js on Twitter at @cylonjs.
- Cylon.js Off And Rolling In 2016
- Cylon.js 1.2.0 - Logging and Timing and BLE! Oh my!
- Cylon.js 1.1.0 - The Big Cleanup
- Hello, Node Bebop Drone
- Cylon.js featured in Wired
- Cylon.js 1.0.0 is here!
- Using Socket.io With The Cylon.js API
- Cylon 0.22.0 - A New Year's Release
- Cylon 0.21.0 is out!
- Creating Multiplatform Precompiled Binaries for Node.js Modules
- Cylon 0.20.0 is out!
- Running Robots From Your Browser With Cylon.js
- Winning the Dreamforce 500 With Cylon.js
- With The New Cylon.js 0.19.0, You Can Be Fluent Too
- Cylon.js on Intel Edison
- Cylon Takes Off on NodeBots Day
- Cylon.js Fun With The Arduino Yun
- Control Robots From Your Pebble
- Making Moves With Intel Galileo
- The Cylon Nest
- Announcing Full Tessel Support!
- Cylon 0.15.0 is Out!
- Cylon.js in Make Magazine!
- Cylon.js At JSConf 2014
- Cylon.js Takes The Stage At MakerFaire
- Cylon.js In Scotland
- Robots Are The New Normal At NextBerlin
- Thingscon - Ich Bin Ein Cylon
- National Robotics Week at the Robotics Society of Southern California
- Functional Robots With Wisp
- Release 0.12 Is For RobotOps
- Making Waves At Makerland
- Tipping SCaLE12X
- Intro Robeaux- A Universal User Interface To Robotic Devices
- ng-robots! A Fun Robot Hackathon At The First ng-conf
- Number 9! The Release In Which We Add A Web UX, More Platforms, and Tools
- Release 0.8.0 Makes 10 Platforms
- RobotsConf Was Remarkable
- Dreamforce Means Connected Devices Are A Thing
- Dreamforce Is Coming!
- Welcome, Cylon.js